Peniche presents a surprising variety of landscapes and attractions, combining different motivations in a single destination.
A privileged geographical situation, combined with the tradition of welcoming visitors in a captivating and hospitable way, makes the Peniche region a magnificent place to enjoy an unforgettable stay.
It is a territory of intense luminosity and mild climate, where the sea coast and the countryside merge in a singular way, in a patch of green fields and white houses, with the blue of the ocean in sight. Its people are hospitable, dividing themselves between attachment to the land and the ancestry of the sea.
• The geographical characteristics enable good sea conditions for aquatic activities, underwater and good fishing areas;
• Berlengas Archipelago and Peniche Peninsula, considered a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO, places of excellence for diving and deep sea fishing;
• Quality Beaches (Blue Flag);
• Cliffs and beaches with a high diversity of marine flora and fauna;
• Beach quality and wave consistency (30 along 20km of coastline) throughout the year;
• Waves whose diversity of levels of exigency and difficulty, satisfy all type of practitioners;
• It is close to Lisbon International Airport (60km – 1h) with excellent road links;
• It is referenced in the European map of Surf destinations, being one of the places most sought by the fans and practitioners of the sport.
✓ Cultural and landscape touring
Fortress of Peniche
Fort of St.. John the Baptist
Bacalhôa Buddha Eden
Berlenga – Nature Reserve
✓ Gastronomy and wines
Churrasqueira A Caseirinha
Restaurante Prainha – Baleal
Restaurante O Febras
Restaurante Sardinha – Peniche
Restaurante O Pedro
✓ International golf courses
✓ Water sports on various levels and in different types of waves, namely: